As part of the Welcome to My World challenge, I am first answering this week’s question:
What does the word WATER make you think of?
The water crisis in our country at present.
Habakkuk was faced with a major crises facing his country. Read on.
Habakkuk 1:4 NIrV
‘The law can’t do what it’s supposed to do. Fairness never comes out on top. Sinful people surround those who do what is right. So people are never treated fairly.’
Johnny was struggling with his homework. One question, in particular, had him stumped. Eventually, he wrote in his homework book, “Boy am I konfused?”
The next day when the teacher was going around the classroom checking on their homework she came to Johnny’s desk and saw his answer. “Johnny, you don’t spell confused with a ‘k’!”
Quickly the reply came, “That’s just how confused I am.”
Why We Are Confused
Like Habakkuk, we are bewildered and confused, looking for answers.
Unfortunately, economists, politicians, scientists, doctors, and lawyers, don’t have the answers. Sadly, even many Christian leaders are lacking in confidence. They, too, are confused looking for answers as we face circumstances that threaten our livelihood and future.
- What are some of the situations which are causing you confusion today?
We looked at some of the following before. Let’s see if your area of concern has changed over the last couple of weeks.
Are you perhaps confused due to
- increased unemployment?
- widespread poverty?
Have any of these involved you personally?
- multiplied incidents of crime
- car theft
- bank robberies
- armed hijackings
- farm attacks
Have any of these added to your confusion?
- the escalating cost of living
- the price of food, clothing, cars, petrol, accommodation, property, etc.
- perhaps the increased danger on our roads.
- Motorists in such a rush to get places, take unnecessary risks.
- Road rage seems to be on the increase.
- The ‘Don’t drink and drive’ campaign doesn’t seem to curb drunken drivers.
- Do you think the closing and re-opening of liquor outlets has increased the problem?
How About the Economy?
- Are perhaps alarmed at the number of folk who are out of work due to
- the collapse of major companies
- business merges
- the closing of businesses, shops, and stores due to Covid restrictions.
- Do the alarming statistics concerning the Covid-19 virus and/or the HIV/AIDS pandemic bother you?
- Are you confused when you see how so many families or family members have gone unscathed, even when others in their homes are affected?
How About The Vaccine?
- Are you confused about whether or not to be vaccinated against COVID 19?
- Are you perturbed by the discouraging reports floating around?
- Does the thought of receiving part of the virus, even in a weakened state, into your system bother you?
- Or do you see the vaccine as the only solution to bring this dreadful pandemic to an end?
Looking out from Christianity
- Are you like so many Christians concerned about the advance of Satanism?
- the occult
- a disregard for the institution of marriage
- and so many immoral practices which are openly exhibited in the media, on the big screen and on TV.
As we look around at all that’s happening, we cannot help but become bewildered and confused to some degree. We look for answers but, unfortunately, those we look up to for a strong leadership don’t have the answers. The whole situation of COVID is a new crisis for everyone, even Christian leaders.
- How can we face the future when all around us there is so much degradation, destruction, devastation, and despair?
John Gardner wrote, “We are faced with a series of great opportunities – brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.” Click To Tweet [attributed to Charles Swindoll]
“John Gardner wrote, “We are faced with a series of great opportunities – brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems.” [attributed to Charles Swindoll],
- Do you think this is true?
- How can we change our mindset from focussing on the negative aspects of society?
- Can you think of any ways we can see these problem areas as opportunities to glorify God?
- What problem are you struggling with right now that you can use as an opportunity for good?
Please join me in prayer.
“Gracious and loving heavenly Father there are so many things these days that are causing us deep confusion. Please grant us peace of mind and enable us to see the problems as opportunities to bring you honour and glory. This we ask in the strong Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.”
AMEN. Please add a comment below to say how you are using this study.
- Are you reading it alone, as you see it come up?
- Or as part of your regular Quiet Time with the Lord?
- Are you reading it with a friend?
- Or as a small group?
I’d love to hear from you.
If you haven’t yet read the background to the prophecy, please do. It will benefit you throughout our time together.
Have a blessed week, and keep looking for those opportunities!